We LOVE breakfast. This is a new way to tie in a sweet and salty taste that will blow your mind because it’s so good.
Twice baked breakfast sweet potatoes.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 slices bacon (or cut up ham)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sweet potatoes should have been cooked in the oven the night before and cooled in the fridge.
- In a skillet, fry bacon bits or cut up ham until crispy. Remove and toss in onion and garlic in leftover grease or add a little bit of olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes until onion is tender.
- cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise then scoop out the middle of the sweet potato.
- Mash sweet potato into the skillet with onions and meat.
- Stir in salt, pepper and half the meat. Then put the sweet potatoes on a parchment or tin foil lined baking sheet.
- Scoop the ingredients into the potato shells then create a hole for the egg.
- Break one egg into each hole then sprinkle with the rest of the meat. Cook for 15 minutes or until the yoke is to your liking.
It’s super good if you add avocado as well. Dress the potato up however you’d like!